If you are planning to get a new garage door opener installed at your place, you might get confused with ample of options available on the market. If you wish to know which kind of opener would turn out to be perfect for your equipment, you must go through this blog.
If you are buying a door opener at a superstore, you can go ahead with the purchase keeping the price factor at priority. When you also look forward to the quality and hard-wearing product, you always need to seek assistance from professionals.
Garage Door Openers
There are “trolley type openers” available on the market, the majority of which are installed in the center of the garage door.
In a lot of scenarios, to mention a few: when there is a lack of clearance space above the door, a Jackshaft type door opener is suggested by the industry specialists that is installed on the sides of the door.
Types of Garage Door Openers
Belt-Drive Garage Door Openers
This opener is a bit quieter than the chain-drive. The belt in this device is made up of rubber reinforced with metallic threads. It is quite similar to that used in the tires. If you have your living room or bedroom just above the garage area, this must be your pick from the market.
1. Quietest types of openers.
2. For the newest technology, these are a bit costlier as compared to other opener types.
Screw-Drive Garage Door Openers
Since these belt-driven models have been introduced in the industry, the screw-drive openers have become less popular. These garage door openers are quiet in nature. If you live in extremely cold climates or your garage is exposed to huge amount of moisture, this kind of opener is not for you.
1. These are simple.
2. Suggested to people who have fewer moving objects to keep.
3. Sensitive to temperature conditions, not recommended for place with highly erratic weather conditions.
4. These tend to be quite expensive.
Chain-Drive Garage Door Openers
This has become the most popular and the most pocket-friendly as well. This is more sought-after as compared to the belt-driven type. If you are looking forward to the chain-driven system, do not settle on anything less than the full chain.
1. Due to the design, these drive units tend to create vibrations and metal-to-metal noise.
2. More famous with the detached garage areas.
3. These units have become much quieter with the latest technologies in place.
4. The most cost-effective choice.
Screw Drive Garage Door Openers
The garage door openers that are quite traditional mount on the ceiling with a track. If your ceiling happens to be extremely low or high, you can easily get a side-mount garage door opener installed in your garage door system. If you some restrictions on the standard motor, you might as well try a Screw Driveed Jackshaft garage door opener.
1. Much affordable.
2. These are also known as jackshaft openers.
3. These openers mount on either side of the door and attach to the torsion bar directly.
4. Side-mount opener also gives you huge ease of access when your ceiling is either low or high.
5. You can easily maintain the garage area.
6. The metal chuck that hangs above your precious car is much lesser with this kind of opener.
If you are still puzzled about which one to pick for your garage door system, our team would be more than glad to help you in making the final purchase. Our experts have been in this business for a few decades and have helped a plethora of clients in such confused situations.